There is a boy in my village who is just... delightful. He's a ray of sunshine. I have such joy babysitting him. But then paranoid me is always in fear of what will happen when he grows up? This is a story based on my encounter with him...
BOJOG CENIK
BOJOG CENIK
I watched through the foggy glass, the droplets of water
pouring down, tearing the clouds. The weather felt damp and cold, and the smell
of the earth filled the atmosphere, intoxicating. Here I was, alone, hiding my
face underneath my hoody. A warm cup of hot chocolate stood, a solitary source
of comfort for me.
I was bored, of the same old routine I had. Going through
my days, like a hamster running on a wheel. Sleep, shower, school, home, sleep.
Always the same. I shrivelled my hand into a tight fist. Today it can be
different, it will be different, and with that I walked out my front door,
approaching the warung just outside my house.
There I saw it, well him. A shadow at first, a blur next
then slowly ‘it’ transformed into a young boy. Hopping through the mud puddles,
pretending to play hopscotch, the drenched boy joyfully waved at me. ‘Come
here, let’s play together!’ he cried. I slowly approached him, unsure.
5 meters from the boy, I realised that he wasn’t alone.
Beside him a thin, scrawny figure slowly revealed itself. A grandma. Her long
gray hair, was bundled in a towel above her head, making a large snail shell
crown.
Like " Finding Neverland" I also re- edited this story as I grew up, but I wrote this story when I was in 8th grade, so not too long ago... Again the virus deleted my previous file * scoffs* Hahaha :(
No comments:
Post a Comment