Wednesday, 12 December 2012

TWEEKLY# 4 " The Chapel" - incomplete-


THE CHAPEL
 
04/05/2012
Amen! I could hear them chant in the distance. I entered the giant dome, towards the burgundy door. Into the chapel. I raised my fingers towards my forehead, forming a cross, while simultaneously kneeling.
I breathed in a sigh of relief, drinking in the cool fresh air. I looked forward as I stood up, walking across the corridor towards the altar. Reaching towards a wooden compartment, I retrieved a white candle  along with a packet of matches. One strike, two strike, the match lit up into a wonderful orange blaze, then I moved the lit match towards the candle. A drip of melted wax traveled down the candle, hardening  midway.
05/05/2012
Amen! I could hear them chant in the distance. I walked eagerly towards the limestone building about 100 m away from where I was. My feet eagerly mounted the flight of marble stairs, entering a giant dome. While my fingers reached towards a metal dish, filled with holy water, ‘Lord, I have come to visit your home.’ I mouthed as I pushed the heavy burgundy door in front of me. 
A gush of wind exited the building, forming a lightweight veil on my face. ‘Huh!’ I sighed as I arched my shoulders. 


This  is a sudden inspiration, I'm catholic ( confession) and I go to church. At least i try to be punctual at it. So not always. This came to me as I was praying, and suddenly I thought of how wonderful the stained glass were, yet also how scary the whole scene was. I mean in a church there's tonnes of crosses, and these basically depict an execution taking place. So all my life I didn't go to church so frequently because I was scared. Hehehe... :p

No comments:

Post a Comment