WWI DIARY
21 May 1914
Dear Diary,
The Great War has been going on for weeks now, and I cannot stand just sitting and watching it go by. It is almost unbearable to confine myself to the boundaries of my home alone. I must enroll myself in the army as soon as I possibly can.
Now of course I know that with my departure, many who are sick and dying must postpone their needs.
But a man does not only live on food and water, but also pride. Besides that, I cannot conduct my job willingly at the thought that many are risking their lives at the war, while I, Larry Stylinson sit and watch my country fall. I must not be a passive observer. I must be an active one.
Yes, I will miss my family, oh so dearly. But can’t that be resolved with a telegram or two? And yes and awful lot of fatal consequences will come, such as the death of many who are sick, but I am only man, a humble servant of god. It is truly up to god to save the lives of his children, I can only assist him. So I hope those who must sacrifice my life may forgive me. But if I just stand and wait, I believe more lives will be lost. Oh my! It is a quarter past twelve; I must set out to the nearest recruiting now.
Diary, I will notify you more about my progress.
Until then…
Larry Stylinson
PS: I chose the name after hearing Harry Styles and Larry Tomlinson's nickname from a friend of mine. She was a One Direction fan ( directioner?) and so I named my character this name in honour of her massive love for One Direction's songs.
21 May 1914
Dear Diary,
The Great War has been going on for weeks now, and I cannot stand just sitting and watching it go by. It is almost unbearable to confine myself to the boundaries of my home alone. I must enroll myself in the army as soon as I possibly can.
Now of course I know that with my departure, many who are sick and dying must postpone their needs.
But a man does not only live on food and water, but also pride. Besides that, I cannot conduct my job willingly at the thought that many are risking their lives at the war, while I, Larry Stylinson sit and watch my country fall. I must not be a passive observer. I must be an active one.
Yes, I will miss my family, oh so dearly. But can’t that be resolved with a telegram or two? And yes and awful lot of fatal consequences will come, such as the death of many who are sick, but I am only man, a humble servant of god. It is truly up to god to save the lives of his children, I can only assist him. So I hope those who must sacrifice my life may forgive me. But if I just stand and wait, I believe more lives will be lost. Oh my! It is a quarter past twelve; I must set out to the nearest recruiting now.
Diary, I will notify you more about my progress.
Until then…
Larry Stylinson
PS: I chose the name after hearing Harry Styles and Larry Tomlinson's nickname from a friend of mine. She was a One Direction fan ( directioner?) and so I named my character this name in honour of her massive love for One Direction's songs.
No comments:
Post a Comment